Natural Capital apprenticeship
Alternance 1 an - Bac + 4
Vox Populi is an association under the 1901 law, which works to employer
young people, in strength their employability part of its mission of equal
opportunities. We combine the requirement of results and the support of
young people from different backgrounds in the definition of their life project,
all this despite a difficult environment and socio-economic context. To this
end, as part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we are recruiting for
our partner, Mirova.
The Sustainable Ocean Fund (SOF) is a USD132 million impact investment fund
dedicated to supporting a sustainable ocean economy globally. The fund
invests in enterprises involved in three key areas of the blue economy –
sustainable seafood, the circular economy and ocean conservation – and
aims to improve their sustainability and efficiency. The SOF team is based in
London and Paris.
SOF has already committed to fifteen investments in companies contributing
to the sustainable management of marine resources, the mitigation of ocean
pollutions and the conservation and resilience of marine ecosystems and
The Fund investment team is looking for an apprentice to join their growing
operations from September for a one or two years. The candidate will provide
support to the SOF team, mainly the front team.
The role will focus on deal and portfolio management for the SOF as well as the
preparation of the SOF2 project. The apprenticeship will be based in Paris with
one of the SOF investment directors and will assist the team for the following
- Support the front team in deal monitoring, including analysis of financials
& other KPIs, the preparation of the valuation reports, coordination of
reporting from companies, participation to meetings with portfolio
- Support the front team in portfolio management, including reporting to
investors, coordination with the middle office, etc.
- Support the front team in the preparation of the SOF2 project, including
Q&As, financial model of the fund, marketing documents and
- Assist the front team in sourcing new leads for the SOF2 project pipeline,
including the pre-screening of investment opportunities according to the
fund’s mandate and criteria, updating and maintaining the pipeline file,
preparing initial Q&A for companies, and contributing to the investment
process through financial, commercial and impact analysis for the
- Assisting the front team in the preparation of the investment committees’
notes and the financial models.
- Liaising with risk, compliance, and legal department during the
- Assisting the team in investment process harmonization and
mainstreaming (templates, etc.) with the other Mirova impact funds. Essential skills & experience
- University degree in aquaculture / agronomy sciences with a finance,
business administration or economics specialty / major OR university
degree in corporate finance with a strong interest for natural capital
matters and sustainable resources management.
- Prior exposure to the blue economy sector and to emerging countries is
- Strong interest in sustainability issues, aquaculture/fisheries sector and/or
- Strong analytical skills and accuracy at work
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Fast learning and self-development: curiosity to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (Spanish
would be an advantage), French must be spoken at least at
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work remotely as part of a small team.
Envoyez votre CV et LM à : firstname.lastname@example.org